Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Natural Hair Care Regimen

Source
New to the world of natural things and you keep hearing about a natural hair care regimen?  Well going natural and getting the most growth isn't as simple as you think. For some, they can cut their hair tomorrow and have long hair next week, for the rest of us our hair grows at dirt slow pace. To make that pace snail speed we try and come up with a regimen which should help this process. No one can tell you what your regimen is but I can tell you what my own is and you can do your own little tweaks to it. You may choose to wash on Thursdays, I  been washing my hair on Fridays/Saturdays since high school. Try to keep the moisturizing a twice a day thing. By the end of the day our hair is dry and needs that life back.

Monday

  • Moisturize hair <A.M. &P.M.> with either spray mixture or coconut oil. (take a dime size amount [little goes a long way] and evenly apply it through my hair.
  • Protective style
  • Seal the VERY ENDS with Castor oil. Don't forget I'm transitioning and still have some love for my relaxed ends. I like to keep my hair very light when I wear it flat ironed.

Tuesday

  • Same

Wednesday

  • Co-wash [only once in a while]

Thursday

  • Same

Friday

  • Wash Day
  • Pre-poo with Alikay Naturals Essential Oil/ Olive Oil/ Castor Oil/ Any oil
  • Wash with Moisturizing Shampoo and Condition 1 hour with mixed conditioners. Sometimes add heat
  • Deep condition [once a month]. If you over condition your hair [is a such thing] it can make your hair limp.
  • Seal with Coconut Oil
  • Air Dry

Saturday

  • Sometime Saturdays are my wash days. It depends.

Sunday

  • Same

0 comments:

Post a Comment