Monday, November 15, 2010

My review of Alikay Naturals

Source
So I've been meaning to do a review on the Alikay Natural Essential 17 Hair Growth Oil since last week but the time just flies by and here I am, doing it now! I'm going to also include the reviews of some of my friends who tried the products along with me. This is just so you can get a general idea about how people feel about the product. I'm not saying these are the majority 'votes' but there are people who feel this way.


Lets begin
So I started using the Essential 17 Oils November 6, right after the hair convention. I stopped using it November 10. I must say I was very unsatisfied with the product as a whole.

  • The things I didn't like:
        • The ingredients are a list of the KEY ingredients, not all of the ingredients. Who knows what oils are really in there and how much there actually is of each. Usually the ingredients tell you if there is petroleum, or any other No No product  but hers does not. Not saying that I don't trust her, but we would like to know this. Stop tryna keep stuff a secret and tell us what's in it.

        • There also are grammatical errors Rosemary Oil is repeated twice. [It's not a big thing, but when your trying to mass market your product, everything should be perfect]

        Source
        • The oil actually made my hair feel much dryer. I originally had this oil mixed with distilled water, glycerin and leave-in, and would spray my hair once in the morning and one before bed. When I would spray my hair and massage it in, I would never see any kind of oil residue. I'm not saying I was looking for oil dripping down my finger, but a little glisten would work for me. I thought maybe I didn't apply enough oil in my bottle so I would apply the oil directly to my dry spots AND STILL NO RELIEF. It felt like when I applied it just vanished. Also it left this nasty film on my hair.

      • I have never experienced this with natural oils before. So I tried to give it a chance, but it just wasn't working for me, so now I use it for pre-pooing.

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment